Blue Moon

7:33 PM

I was so fascinated at how big, and bright, the moon was last night even if it was just a day before full moon. So I took pictures of it using a 75-300mm lens which I just borrowed and here are the results.



Took this around 10-11 in the evening. It was cloudy that night but nonetheless, I was able to take a good photo of it. yay!


Settings:
Shutter: 1/500 sec.
Aperture f/10
ISO 400

Here's my mock of  Blue Moon.
I post processed it using Adobe CS2 and added a blue filter. You can still see a few noise in this photo. I know I suck in post processing. This one's a different photo, by the way.




I went out around 3 in the morning because I couldn't sleep to see how the moon was doing



The clouds were already out that time, so I had the chance to take a clearer photo of the moon. I just used the same settings as with the previous photos. Tell me this one's clearer because I think it is. :)
Here is another photo of the moon that I took that morning


but this time, I cropped it nicely to have the moon placed at the center and changed it to sepia to give it a different feel.

You can follow the settings that I used to take your own photo. You don't necessarily need to use a Digital SLR. As long as your digital camera allows you take photos manually (where you can adjust the ISO, Shutter Speed, or in some, the aperture), has a powerful wide zooming range, and a huge megapixel count, you can take your own photo of the moon. The secret is in cropping. sshhh


Btw, noticed how the moon's face changed in the photos that I took in the evening and in the morning?
TO
I've read somewhere that the moon only shows the same face to the Earth.. as if it doesn't rotate lang ah no?

Please be kind enough not to remove my signature and use it as your own. I've seen people on tumblr cropping images of others and pasting their own names in it. A war on copyright infringement is about to happen. LOLS. No, seriously, you can use my photos as long as my signature is still intact.

Anyway, let me share with you my first try on moon photography. I took this around 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Follow us on blogger

Stats

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines
free counters
since April 18, 2010

Subscribe