El Nido: Day One

6:55 PM


My cousins and I embarked on a journey to El Nido, Palawan. We came there last month and as we all know, July is typhoon season in the Philippines and with the Hanging Habagat, it just made the weather worse but since we were all excited - and our contact in Palawan said the weather there was "fine" - we went on with the trip anyway.
From Iloilo City, we boarded on a 45-minute flight straight to Puerto Princesa and were welcomed by light drizzles (what a sign). Our tour arranged a private van to take us to El Nido. Silly me, I thought El Nido was just a few hours from Palawan's Capital, but it took us almost five hours to get there! Anyway, it was a great time for us to doze off since most of use didn't get enough sleep the night before.


There's just something about the rain and long car rides, and music! Instant music video if your imagination permits.

We took a few stops along the way: for lunch, and a series of bladder breaks. Palawan reminds me so much of Negros. Long and winding roads, the seaside views, the buwis buhay road curves, except maybe for the endless fields of sugarcane that Negros has. 


When we got to El Nido, we were really in awe of it's huge, no, gigantic stupendous colossal rock formations. Too bad it was raining though so I wasn't able to take a decent photo.
We booked our stay at the Marina Garden Beach Resort. Many thanks to Karla for manning our entire trip and to April for booking us when they were still in El Nido! Again, no decent photos of the resort but I found a few ones from their Facebook page.


If I were to visit El Nido again, I'd surely consider choosing Marina Garden again! Excellent accommodation, not to mention FREE WIFI, and a beach front view. The sound of the beach waves has literally been my alarm clock during our entire stay there. Oh, and they serve good breakfasts as well!


The only photo I managed to take of the room because we were too excited to change clothes and swim at the beach!


It was very cloudy when we got there like the clouds were really low that they almost covered the rock formations at one time. But still, without hesitation we took a dip into the beach right away. 


The sand was very fine and the water was crystal clear. What I enjoyed the most was the spectacular view. I felt tiny, regardless of how short I am in human height, swimming next to the mountains.



But of course, I owe it to my travel buddies aka my cousins aka the cool kids for the wonderful trip that I had!




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awesome photos!!<3
    Btw, mind following each other via gfc and bloglovin? Let me know ;)

    Regards,
    a-cupofrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. El Nido is on top of my travel wishlist in the Philippines but until now I havent travel. I shall check on the resort you stayed. Glad to read your review on the resort.

    (◕‿◕✿) EmoteraGoddess.com | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pay it a visit as soon as you can! I wan to go back nga eh because our stay was very bitin :(

      Delete

Follow us on blogger

Stats

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines
free counters
since April 18, 2010

Subscribe