Friday's Ten Happy Things -- No. 3

3:27 PM

Friday's ten 10 happy things

 Welcome to Friday’s 10 Happy Things where I/we list ten things that made us smile this week so that we can start the weekend on an even more positive note!


Orange is the New Black

1. Orange is the New Black. I have recently subscribed to Netflix and I never expected that I would be hooked to Orange is the New Black! It's a show about Piper, who is sentence to 15 months in prison for helping her long-gone lesbian girlfriend smuggle money for a drug cartel ten years ago. Little did she know that she would be locked in Litchfield with her ex-girlfriend, Alex. I would love to write more about the show but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't started it yet.

Anyway, forget about selfish Piper. I love learning about the life stories of the other inmates, how they ended up in prison, and why they act like such behind the bars. Of all the characters, I learned to love Red, a Russian chef/cook who bosses her friends around and manipulates other inmates through her mind games. I like Poussey as well, and the cute Latina youngsters.

I watch OITNB during down time ie. when putting Caileigh to sleep or when she just wants to stay in bed. I'm almost done with Season 3 and I can't wait for Season 4 to start this year.


2. Joining Mommy Bloggers Philippines! I didn't know about the club until I saw one blogger with the MBP badge on her site. It is really nice to know that there are a lot of other Filipino bloggers under the same niche that you are trying to be more involved in. I sent them an email and they welcomed me with open arms! I love the other mommies already :)




3. Online Finds! I love finding stuff on the internet and recently I scored a gold mine! I found some really good calligraphy fonts! But there's no glory in finding something if you can't share them with your friends. I make a post about the fonts anytime next week (links included) so weeeeeeeh!


4. We have a new friend and we named her Snowbelle. I have been playing Neko Atsume on my phone and lo and behold, a real cat showed up at home. CJ was not interested in her, he's more of a dog person. Caileigh and I would spend minutes exchanging meows to the cat and yesterday, we named her Snowbelle for her snow white skin.




 5. Jame Corden's Carpool Karaoke! I have been watching his carpool videos since his episode with Mariah Carey came out and though I am not familiar with him before he hosted The Late Late Show, I learned to love his spontaneity, humor, and vocal prowess. Yes, he can sing! He was the baker in Into the Woods along side Emily Blunt.  

My favorite part of all the carpool series was when he was with Adele and she spilled some of her tea during the ride but rather than putting it down, she chugged it all down. Hahaha! It was really hilarious. I loved watching normal-day Adele.


6. More Facetimes with Lola and Granny! Caileigh really enjoys having video calls with her grandmas that she actually look forwards to the weekends. She would read them her books, sing them songs, and made random conversations that I'm sure the grandmas only understood half of them. But it's a nice way for our daughter to get in touch with them especially that...

7. Our mums are coming home for the summer! CJ's mum is visiting Philippines this April and mine is coming home on May. So we might spend all the days of April in Bacolod and the following month in Iloilo. We are already excited for these two months! I am sure Caileigh is too.

8. We got a new dining set in Iloilo! It is fun finding the right furniture for your home especially when you are away from home.



9. These fast hair straighteners actually work! I got one from Lazada because they look very convenient and have great reviews. They are perfect for mums who have toddlers running around because the brush has plastic/rubber bristles on the sides that act as a barrier so your hands or skin would on come in contact with the headed plates. It is only good for taming messy hairs though.



10. Free mini album from Photobook Philippines! They are giving away hundred pieces of 4R photo prints or a soft cover mini album of your choice when you sign up at their website. I have just submitted our lay-out last week and we are now just waiting for it to arrive!










You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have a copy of Orange is the New Black... book version hehe but havent started reading it! :) And that carpool video of Adele really puts a smile on my face whenever I feel sad. I cant even count how many times I've watched that clip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't mind me! Just casually stalking your blog, love! Haha! <3

    Adele is by far the best guest on Carpool Karaoke! I've watched it way too many times lol she's the best friend we all want to have hahaha!

    PS. I'm excited for the calligraphy fonts post, love! I have too many fonts but whenever I'm on Photoshop, I can't seem to find anything to suit whatever current project I'm working on.

    PPS. Miss you! :(

    ReplyDelete

Follow us on blogger

Stats

Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines
free counters
since April 18, 2010

Subscribe